Monday, October 25, 2010

Lots of appointments this week

I am so glad last week is over, I feel like we are always getting handed more obstacles in this already hard road we are traveling. Last Friday our Jeep broke down so we took it to the shop on Monday only to find out we have a cracked head that would cost around $2,000 to fix. So after taking off of work Monday night to lay around, cry, and feel sorry for myself (LOL) we decided that our only option was to shop for another car because it wasnt worth the money to get fixed and we were down to NO vehicle at this point. So after bumming rides to and from work to pay bills and to walmart all week (thanks to everyone that helped) we finally went car shopping on Friday and found something. It wasn't what we were looking for but we got a great deal and it is way more reliable than the Jeep was and has way less miles. Looking back to last weekend I was a crying mess and thought the world was ending all because we had yet another challenge to face and WE MADE IT! I am so thankful that my hubby is behind me and lets me cry on his shoulder every night because without him I know I couldnt do all this on my own.

This week is going to be stressful as well, we have our appointments in St. Louis to meet with the doctors that will be delivering Parker. We are leaving on Thursday afternoon so that we can be there bright and early Friday morning for all of our appointments. We will be having a fetal echo done first and then an ultrasound. And then that afternoon we will be meeting with the high risk OB doctors that will be delivering the baby and taking care of me. I know that I am going to be a nervous wreck and probably cry way too many tears but I feel like I cant hold it all together lately. I just hope that everything goes well and that we don't get anymore bad news while we are there.

To all the other heart moms....what questions should I ask the doctors when I am there. I feel like I have so many questions and concerns but don't even know where to start. Is there anything that you think is important that maybe I wouldn't think of? I am getting so nervous and scared! Time is flying and I feel like I am running out of time. Also St. Louis is about 4 1/2 to 5 hours away from home, to all of the moms that delivered so far from home did you move up there a couple weeks ahead just in case you went into labor early? I have been worrying a lot about this lately and want to be as close to the hospitals as I can when the time comes.

I will keep everyone updated after my appointments on Friday and hopefully have some pictures of the little guy I am so excited to see him again!

4 comments:

  1. Questions, questions - so goes our lives

    You can start by asking them how early they itend to induce you especially since St. Louis is so far away from home. Do they want you to move closer to the hospital a week before scheduled induction just as a precaution? Are you going to be in a normal labor & delivery room or in the OR? How many people can you have with you during the delivery? Basically anything and everything that is of concern to you about Parker's arrival. They should take the time to answer all of them.
    Heart Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all the questions I was going to suggest. And they will answer them all, because they did for me. Just be persistant if they don't give you the answers you feel comfortable with. I am here in St Louis right now in the very place where Parker will be born and will be here with Damon on Friday. I would love to meet you guys. My phone is 417-529-4677. Please call me so we can meet that day.

    Sarah
    P.S. thanks for following Damon's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a million questions to ask, and always forgot them, so be sure to write them down before your appointments. I would suggest you ask them what they suggest in terms of delivery, when to head to StL and to the hospital. Since we are from Arizona, CHOP had us fly out to Philly 4 weeks before my due date. I ended up being induced one day before my due date, but I felt much more comfortable knowing I was where i needed to be, if Zoe decided to come early.

    As far as questions: I'm not sure what you've already asked, but I wanted to know: Will I get to hold my baby post-delivery or will they take her immediately for stablization? When do they anticipate her first surgery to take place? Will they allow me to breastfeed her pre- and/or post-surgery?

    I can't seem to think of anything else right now, even though Zoe is almost 6 months old, it seems like it was years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We delivered our son last October in Indianapolis, which was about 3 1/2 hours from home. I had tons of questions I wrote down, and they did a good job of answering as best they could. I moved to Indy about 3 weeks before my due date, then was induced a day before my due date. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the logistics and anything else. Please visit our blog and send a message or post a comment with your email contact if you are interested in chatting. I would love to help you at as much as we can. This is a scary thing, but with planning, you will get through this!

    Michele
    http://babyharrisblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete